Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

In Denmark Now


27/6/12 to 28/6/12

  Spent the day In Vondel park and walking around getting internet stuff sorted

29/6/12

   Road out with big plans of following the coast around into Germany. Started with a motorway run up to a Bridge/Dyke which was around 27km long, that's why I mention the Dyke part because it is made from dirt I don't know if it classifies as the longest bridge, but it is the longest I've been over.

I just looked it up and it is not even close to the longest bridge, the Danyang–Kunshan Grand Bridge is 164,800m long in China, it is a rail bridge though

Stopped after the end of it to take a photo of the ocean, I had imagined it being higher then the land on the inside, but the tied was out so I still have no idea.


As you can see Netherlands is very flat lol.

Found a camp site near Groningen for the night, was the first time camping of the trip with lots more to come. Tried out the gas cooker with the laborious task of cooking porridge, lol yes hard one that, I had to add some sultana's because I like them.


Nice place by the water, looking forward to some real bush camping in Norway and Sweden

30/6/12

   Road through northern Germany, mainly motorway so a bit boring, I did take the bike up to 110m/h and she handled it fine considering she was loaded, which is why I didn't take it any higher. Interestingly most motorways are posted as 130 if fine 110 if wet, thats kilometers per hour as they use real measurements here. This has meant for the first time in ages I'm one of the slowest people on the road, not use to the buses not caring that a motorbike has past them.

  Strangely, although expected, sort of, I miss people not coming over to talk to me every time I stop. I may have to stop in more towns so I can talk to people instead of trying to hide in some trees out of the town so not too many people would come over to talk at me. Must say the rest areas aren't that flash in the north of Germany anyway, but then English rest areas are the most crap I've seen, a piece of tar sticking out the side of the road mmm.

   Made it through into Denmark to a camp ground for the night. The place is a bit too posh for my liking but then I did get here by following the GPS, probably a good lesson to learn, Tom Tom GPS camping/hotels are out of my league best saved for emergencies. Still have not had to show my passport to anyone lol, but at least there was a sign saying Denmark, I haven't noticed one for any of the other country changes.

Yes these photos will become a bit of a repeat for this leg I think.

Looking out over the Baltic, a sea I have never seen before.

  I'm not even that high up yet and already I can read my book, in tent, without light till 23:00, then got woken by birds singing at 03:50 …. mmm am I going to be able to cope with the 24hr day I've been hunting for?


1/7/12

   Wow a pinch and a punch for another day on the road hehee. Decided to head towards Copenhagen but not on the toll road, which turns out means the big bridge. It did include a ferry crossing which cost almost as much as the ferry from Dover to Calais, may have been cheaper to pay the toll lol. Anyway the rest areas here can be lovely, more like New Zealand with trees picnic tables.
The ferry to Lolland

  Managed to find a cafe open on a Sunday morning for breakfast, unfortunately if was a McCafe and their Breakfast menu had finished so had a Big Mac, my first in many, many, many years, for breakfast. Luckily I had had porridge for dinner or my body would be wondering what the … was going on.

   Because of going the non toll way it meant I had to ride through most of the main islands to get to Mons island where I found a nice, less flash camp ground, still looking forward to bush camping in Sweden and Norway though.
The little 3 legged cheer only lasted till the next nights cooking, either i gained to much weight in London or the screw that was almost out when it broke should have been in lol.

Tomorrow South Zealand lol

2/7/12

   Road out to the white cliffs of … Mons lol which are actually very nice, and the roads on Mons island are all slower speed limit but nice enough to ride around. Once back from them I headed out back to Stege and over to South Zealand, nice little ride up to North Zealand, no not New Zealand this is Old Zealand, and on to Copenhagen.
Saw an old guy selling junk on the side of the road, but he did have a flag for sale.
Mons Klint, or the white cliffs of Mons Island


  Stayed in a camp ground in a fort in the north of Copenhagen, which was pretty cool. Went to the supermarket to get some veg for dinner and wow it may not be as bad as Sweden and Norway are suppose to be but it is not cheap either, especially now that I have looked up the exchange rate, probably shouldn't have done that.
Beware Top Gear Caravans and Campervans are armed here in Denmark


3/7/12

   Small amount of rain just before I was going to pack the tent was a pain, but then heading round to Nina's at lunch time meant I could sit and read well waiting for it to dry. Had to buy a new sleeping bag, as I'm finding mine a bit cold. I'm also having trouble cutting the onions with my plastic fork/knife so had to buy a new gobbier, since they took mine at the airport in Amsterdam while flying to London.

Anyway next Sweden lol.
  Enjoy your life

No comments: