Search This Blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Till Oslo

4/7/12 and 5/7/12

   Went to town and got a 24hr hop on hop off harbour/canal boat cruise ticket, which was great. Sat around at the end of the boat trip the first afternoon and people watched for a while, it was funny seeing people walking around grabbing any empty can/bottle they could find so that they could get the money back for them, it was a bit like Vietnam in a way.
Start of Canal trip


The famous Little Mermaid statue
Cool sand castles

   Next morning did the cruise in the other direction and got off in Christiana, where I went to the top of a church spire that had a spiral staircase up the out side, awesome views all around. Then went into the squatters area, they took over an unused military base around 20 years ago and now live there mostly in a hippie lifestyle, so was nice lol.
From a chapel
High up the spire on the outside stair case

Inside the chapel.

6/7/12 and 7/7/12

   Headed out in the rain for Sweden with the plan of going through the tunnel/bridge that I had seen on Mega structures on discovery channel, unfortunately I was busy taking care in the rain and didn't notice my GPS was taking me north to the ferry crossing, bugger, by the time I realised I was far enough north of the city that it was pointless heading back.
Well I'm nice and dry and the bags made it dry as well

   Didn't have to show my passport again, although I did realise at my first stop in Sweden that I still had the Denmark flag on the bike and it was on the side the custom guy was on so it may have had something to do with it. Well with all the rain coming and going I decided to take a more direct route to Gotenburg than originally planned, this would mean arriving before Sandra finished work so I took my time and had breaks when it wasn't raining.

   Sandra help me get a Sim card sorted for Sweden with internet access so at least I can get on line sometimes without stopping at McDonald's all the time. It was really cool catching up with someone I have meet while travelling and considering the numbers I meet in India and then again in Pokhara I'm hoping to meet up with some more in other parts of the world. Also Sandra good luck with all your plans and hope to meet you again somewhere else in the world.


8/7/12

   Headed out a bit later as I only wanted to go about 250km north to camp out on the side of the big lake, the plan was to bush camp.... unfortunately I decided that as it was only 16:00 I would head to a camp ground instead. This was also because all the places I found up to here where not far from the road and right next to dirt tracks that where obviously used a bit. I will be sucking it up and bush camping from now on though as this piece of dirt I am on at the moment cost around $20US which is a bit of a rip if you ask me.


Stone scare crows? on the side of the road mmmm.

9/7/12

   Road out for Oslo, was a nice ride although nothing special road wise. I finally managed to find a Sweden flag at a shopping center near the border, one of those ones with mass bus parks at the entry as the bus loads come over from Norway for cheap(er) shopping lol.
Near the border, but didn't have the flag by here lol.


   I'm not fully happy with the Tom Tom though it was saying I had to go an extra 100km to get to Oslo to avoid toll road, remembering this thing is a motorbike specific GPS, and I find out from Espen that all most all toll roads are free for motorbikes, lucky I texted him.

   I got to Espen's about 17:00 which happened to be when he got home from work. Espen is a man I meet in Medan, Sumatra almost a year ago so very please when he said I could come and stay for a few days. We went down and around the main center later in the evening and checked out what was the best option for touristing in Oslo


10/7/12

   Headed down to the tourist info and got an Oslo pass which gives free travel on public transport and entry into all the museums, also discounts at some restaurants but as the prices are so steep for them even with the savings I'll be sticking to supermarkets lol.
nice pussy
Scaffolding with the result printed on it, I like it.


   Went around the Nobel Peace center in the morning which was great, although shocked to see Obama had got one in '09. Until it was explained to me that it all happened so that some politician in Norway could say he was the one who got Obama here, so they made it up lol, sounds right to me.

   Then headed out on the Harbour bus to the 5 museums. The Fam one was boring until I got out side and checked out the old cottages, I loved the way they where locked together in the corners, and watching a guy mow the roof was funny too.
Cutting the grass



Bigger on top and this is how you do it.

Before wire there was wood fences
 
The main one I wanted to see was the Viking one and it was very good.







Some really cool stuff in this one
The Kon Tiki was good as well, the guy definitely had some good times.
Ra 2

The maritime one needed a bit of work but, then some was closed for refurbishments.
The Arctic one was enjoyable even though I took no photos in it.

11/7/12

   Went to Vigeland Park in the morning, man I haven't taken so many photos in one place in a long time, really cool statues.
Go on push one out onto her head.
I bet you mums recognise this look lol
I thought the guy might be from Aussie with this one, "A dingo eat my baby...".




Some times i wondered if he liked kids, but there where plenty of love ones as well as the kicking them around lol.
  In the afternoon tried to find a flag for the bike, proving hard but Espen ended up giving me one of his. Then when Espen finished work headed out for a ride as the weather had cleared nicely for it, and being a Wednesday there is a place a few miles away where a heap of bikers meet.




  Apparently a lot less bikes than normal because of the holidays. Had a chat to a few of the riders, there was even an guy from the states there, he had come up from Italy after his studies. Went for a lovely ride further along the coast after a while which was enjoyable.
The new flag and Espens bike.

12/7/12

   Raining in the morning and not looking so good on the weather map so decided to update the blog as it could be a while till I can update it again.

                               Special Thank you

  Thank you to Nina, Lewis and Kaia in Copenhagen for letting me stay a few days well passing through.
Although you don't want to overstay you welcome at Nina's, lucky i found this last guest before it was too late for me. lol

Also thank you to Sandra in Gotenburg who I meet in India and Pokhara for letting me stay at her place even though she had only moved in 4 days earlier.

And thank you to Espen and Anni in Oslo for letting me stay in his wonderful home for a few days and taking me for a ride around the local area.

As alway Enjoy your life.

No comments: