Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Start of the 3rd leg 26/6/12

13/6/12 to 25/6/12
   Went up to Durham to see Elle and the kids which was great, even got to see the Olympic torch go through town. Haahaaa what a joke, heaps of people lined up along the street waiting for ages, then down come the police. Everyone getting excited, down comes the Coca Cola bus handing out drums, the the Sumsung bus with phones advertised on a big screen on the side, then the Lloyd's bus, then, then, then nothing for about 20min, then flame runs through (it was suppose to be on a 1929 motorbike....). The police seem to have the best time riding down with there arms out 5'ing everyone next to the road lol.
Durtham Catherdral

People waiting
The big event after waiting for 2 hours, and this is how long it took lol....
Day ride out in the Penines, Crow Green reserve I think.  

   Managed to order a GPS and other parts needed from Amazon which did arrive with no complaints about the address, which got delivered. So with Murray back from Wales fixed the fused car lighter and GPS power onto the bike, which works, charges the laptop. Got the last couple of bits needed so booked the ferry for Turesday the 26th.

Europe

26/6/12
  Up at 0500 to be off by 0600 for an easy ride out to Dover, it was only £20.50 for me and bike to Calais. I showed the guy at the English end my passport and he said “Show it to the French I don't care”, of course when I road off the ferry I was surprised when I got to the motorway and still had not shown anyone my passport....
Bye Bye England see you in a while.
If you look close enough it was a clear enought day to see England, This is fromn Calais harbour.

   I meet a couple from Germany, who had just been riding England for a couple of weeks, so got chatting with them. Once I got the GPS sorted I set out and up the motorway toward Bulgium I decided to stop and found I was actually in Belgium already with 100km done, and happened to stop at the same rest area as the couple from the ferry, choice(Choice is New Zealand way of saying all good), so had a good chat, then followed them up for a while before my turn off to Amsterdam. Was not long and stopped in Netherlands for a break with 140km left. All boring motorways but no passport shown yet lol, possibly when I get to Denmark.
   I obviously got the dates for school holidays wrong as the place is packed, got the last bed in the place I stayed at last time here. Holidays started yesterday till end of August (bugger).
  Very happy to be back on the road, sorting out road snacks, water for cooking and stuff to cook. Hopefully the schoolies are not staying in to many of the camp grounds between here and sweden?
 Enjoy your life.

No comments: