Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Back in Kuala Lumpar

14/6/11 to 16/6/11
   Walked around town a lot, many more smiles than Singapore. Went to a few temples, the botanical gardens, deer park etc. Am loving the Indian food, I'm in a more Indian area of town so lots of good food around. Have only seen 3 women with the full berker on. Off to Mersing to day as I found out there is a total Luna eclipse tonight so heading to the beach in the hopes of a better view.

17/6/11
   Well I stuffed up on the total Luna eclipse, it did happen but was 1am to 7am on the 16th I left KL for Mersing at 9am on the 16th duh never mind maybe see it somewhere else another year. Nice place that I got off the ferry, although a bit pricey. Went for a big snorkel/swim in the morning, probably swam over 3km, saw a black tipped reef shark, big turtle. Of course I forgot to where my bandanna so got a burnt head.
   Went for a snorkel in the other direction in the afternoon which was good as well, although I didn't see the good big stuff. I have to say don't try this unless you know what the depth and distances are, I swam it in the afternoon so knew I could stand up at any time. I decided to swim to the pub for happy hour that evening, which was great just for the uniqueness of it. Swam back in the dark so got to see the luminous bits on the way back.

18/6/11 to 27/6/11
   Moved down to the next bay, half the price and I get a double bed instead of 2 singles. Now everything sort of gets same same ish, walk, swim, eat, swim, walk, play games,sleep, walk, swim, eat, you get the idea. I was planing to head back to the main land and up the coast, but swimming snorkeling etc are just as good here so will stay here till the 27th when I will head back to KL to meet William and get my new phone, which means I will have a camera again.
   I found a large Moray Eel about 20m out in the water from my room which was excellent floated around the area for ages watching this little blue fish swim in it's mouth and clean it's teeth, I'm guessing there, but it got a bit deep in it's throat at one point so it couch the little fish back out, but opened it's mouth again soon after to let the little guy back in again.
   Got back to Mersing about 12.30 and should have got straight onto a bus, never mind I wanted food so couldn't get a bus till 1800 which meant getting to KL as the last trains went through.

28/6/11
  Went for a big walk in the morning out around the twin towers here in KL, happy no planes flew into them well there. It has a lovely park around the bottom with little paddling pool and the biggest kids play area I've seen, although saying that it was all modern with the cannot get hurt springy stuff and all low and plastic to make sure the kids cannot have too much fun.
   Have spend the rest of the day, and probably the next few online trying to organise what I'm doing next. This is a tough one I really miss having a bike, Sandy and Murray may have seen me in Turkey in this state. So I'm starting to think bugger the monsoons and go to India anyway, until the guy at the hotel here said foreigners cannot get Indian visas here in KL??? so need to make some inquires, mmm I could get one in Sri Lanka probably mmm. Oh well don't know what I'm doing yet maybe quick trip to Indo for a few weeks, maybe not, maybe a trip to some more islands and some diving, maybe not..... I'll decide at some point soon.
  Enjoy your life.

No comments: