Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Till Quy Nhon

16/1/11
Went to Ba Ho Falls today, nice ride out there although highway 1a is a bit busy. Found an unfinished resort on the way.


Also got to watch a guy training his fighting Cock, padding on feet so cannot damage each other as much. The falls are a three tear one bit of a climb to get up to the second tear but at least there was no one there so I could go skinny dipping which was fun but cold.


Sorry i don't have a photo of me skinny dipping but you can imagine it lol. I had to put that picture in your heads.

17/1/11
Tried to leave Nha Trang to day but realised 75km up the road I had left my washing behind, which wouldn't have mattered except for the fact that my favourate t-shirt was one of them. Will try to go again tomorrow. On the way back to Nha Trang, well waiting at a bridge that was getting repaired so shut down to one lane, I got to watch the passanger on a bike lean over and vomit on the riders foot. Then as the bike was about to take off he fell off the back of the bike well being sick. Luckly they got him off his back quickly so I didn't have to stop, he had been eating rice and probably drinking the local rice wine. yes i looked at the vomit.

18/1/11
Made it out of Nha Trang to tady and up to Tuy Hoa. Nice enough road but it is the main highway north so loads of traffic. Found a nice side road which come up to here without so much traffic, was lucky because the cobbled path down to the road was steep and I don't think the bike would have made it back up. Made it to Tuy Hoa at about lunch time but took a while to find a hotel that looked in the right price range.


Then went for a ride up a large hill here, which the bike didn't make it up all the way lol, but there was a great view.

No photos from up top as there was a sign at the bottom of the hill saying no movie cameras and I didn't want to confuse people. Nice dinner down the beach. Blowing a gale and I wouldn't swim there looked a bit dangerous.
 Found a boat being built on a trailer down a unused side ride in town, but it may be being done up for Tet (Vietnam new years)



19/1/11
Road up to Quy Nhon today, didn't take long as it's only a little over 100km. Almost got squished into a barrier by a bus was not inpressed. Some nice views though and it almost rained. Well it did enough for me to put my waterproof covers on the bags and take the things out of my pockets that I didn't want wet. Got 1km up the road and it stopped then found out I was only about 5km from Quy Nhon when I stopped oh well.
Found Barbra's cafe (kiwi lady) so staying at the hotel next door.


  Went for a walk around town to find some pagodas and cham tower but got a bit lost so walked for 2hrs and didn't see any touristy stuff, was a lot of fun though. A lot less toutes here which is a change.
Went to a Vietnamese place out the back of the hotel tonight, i'll admit there had been a lot of noise from there for a long time, and when I got there a group of 30 was drinking and eating away. I got the menu and no english on it so I ordered the Com (rice) Chien (fried) Hai San (didn't know but seafood) and the waiter said no rice, what a Vietnamese resturant with no rice. So I had to have Chao (a type of soup it turns out) Hai San (seafood) + Tom (Shrimp) Muc (squid), I knew Tom and Muc so I had a good idea of what I was getting, fun night ordering though most places up to know have either found someone who spoke a bit of english or a menu with atleast a little english on it.

20/1/11
Went to the Long Khanh Pagoda in the morning.

  Went for a ride out to the Banh It Cham Towers in the afternoon which was good, got ripped off at the gate though, my fault I didn't have anything lower than 100,000VND and the guy didn't have enough change.



  Then took the road out and over a big new bridge which had 4 people painting the edges white, poor buggers but then they will have months of work. There is an unfinished resort at the end of the bridge with lovely sculptures of pengins and seals, I didn't know that pengins came over the equator but maybe they do.

 Well I'm off up to Danang area tomorrow.
  Enjoy. I am

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ha ha ha skinny dipping hey? Glad you are having a great time. Photos look ace!