Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Till I left Hoi An

21/1/11
Road out from Quy Nhon over the new bridge to head up the new coast road. Howling southerly going straight over some sand dunes where they have cleared all the plants and leveled a massive area ready for an industrial estate, but it now means when the wind blows you get a sand storm. This also means the road gets covered in sand so there are people constantly digging the sand off the raod.
Didn't make it all the way up the coast on the new road, took a wrong turn somewhere, but it did mean I got to meet a fellow rider from Finland, Matti who was doing the same ride has a honda wing. So we road together up to Hoi An. Got here in the dark which I didn't like very much, but that's what you get when you leave late.


22/1/11
Took the bike in for a service and tried to get the carby fixed as i'm having power problems at the top end, but didn't manage to improve it actually managed to make it worst so will take it into Danang hopefully to a Suzuki shop and see what I can get done.
Hoi An in a nice little place for walking around, lots of tailors making suits for everyone, not me though wouldn't have enough protection in a crash so no point. Had a few drinkies with nice Irish and England women.






23/1/11
Woke up to late to go to My Son today so will go tomorrow. Went to the beach for a bit, there where 2 other people where I was and atleast 4 resturants so I feel sorry for the locals, 3 touts as well, who where not too pushy considering the clients available to them.

The weather has been pretty ordanary here close to ran most of the time. Found a resort that had some cool Ural side cars.


24/1/11
Went to My Son which was great, it's surpose to be Vietnams Ankor Wat. Nice ride out there, we left early so didn't have to many other people there. I only saw 2 other tourists and they where Vietnamese tourists. The towers and statues are good, not to much damage done by the bombing in the war (that I could see).




 The Cham seem to have had very long skinny penis by the look of this condom

Or maybe it was a snake skin
On the way back to Hoi An we passed atleast 6 tour buses coming in so it was worth getting up at 6am to beat the crowds. Found out on the way back that my bike is sold in Australia yea. 

25/1/11
Went to Danang to get the carby fixed on the bike, which was very difficult. The first suzuki shop I went to just said no and shugged. I finally got a the hotel lady on the phone and asked her to tell them what I wanted and they sent me to another Suzuki place. At the second place they all just sat reading the paper till they finally got sick of me standing there. They worked on it for a while and it's a bit better now, changed the headlight bulb and a few other things. Enjoyed a last night drinkies with the French women and Matti.
  Everyone here in Vietnam is always so happy.

26/1/11
Got some US dollars ready for the cambodia border. Saw Matti off this afternoon. Went for a ride to Danang and out around the blob off the side, although there was a lot of road works so had to get the bike cleaned on the way back. Stopped at the Pogoda on the way, also stopped at Marble Mountain.


No comments: