Search This Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2013

In Bir heading Ameritsar

18/09/13 to 03/10/13

   Yes I know I am getting slack on the blog posts. I hung around in Dharamsala till about the 29th visited the Dala Lamas winter palace and meet up with a group of people I know from Ladark and Goa. Then decided to go to Bir for a last chance at Paragliding the Himalaya's. Well here I have meet up with others I know from Goa and broken down and been for a ride.

   When I broke down I was with the bike wondering what to do when a Kiwi I had meet in Leh walked along so told him my problem and he gave me a ride down to a mechanics. We chatted to the guy and he grabbed some things and started riding up with us. At one point he stopped so we waited and he re-appeared with a passenger. Then he stopped again and said he would meet me at the bike.... I waited for about an hour and decided to have a play myself. I got her going but not well and decided to try for a guy I had been told about that was 12km away. I made it down to the main road and stopped..... got her going and made it a bit further. Then a couple of Indians on a bullet pulled up for the second time and the passenger offered the riders services as a mechanic (again) and again the ride just sat there. Then a waiter/shoe repair guy I had meet in manali or Leh road past and recognised me. He said he would go to the mechanic and tell give him my number, he also said that it was down hill after the rise ahead of me. So I pushed the bike up and while riding down the other side saw the waiter talking to other. Oh and also rode past the first guy who had come to look at the bike but not turned up and the other one who had offered his services but never helped, I had no intention of giving them any money now.

   Once at down I was only about 5km from Jodindernagar and looking at another rise so just kept pushing after that rise was down hill to town and just a small push up to the mechanics, only about 2-3km of up hill pushing. The guy went over the spark plug lead and through the fuel line making sure all was flowing right. Then checked the timing and just put a slight amount of grease on the spindle then she was going again...not 100% but good enough, INR50. Man the roads I pushed the bike up definitely look steeper riding down than they did pushing up.

   The weather has not been good for paragliding and even though I have been here 4 day so far it looks like it could be up to a week before I could go so will head out tomorrow.
From Dharamkot

Monastery in Bir

Chi Shop view just south of Bir

Lovely ride and came around a corner and had to stop and take a photo.

Something just seems not right? But hey This is India....
 

Enjoy your Life

 
 

No comments: