Search This Blog

Monday, July 29, 2013

In Manali heading somewhere soon lol

15/7/13 till 30/07/13

   Decided in the night that I would not have enough tobacco to make it around Spiti. So I left a bit later and stopped in Manali to get some. While here I saw it was raining up the pass so decided to spend the night. While chatting to the man at the hotel I discovered you cannot do the loop around spiti at the moment (he said land slide, and I have heard there is also some permit needed for some of it).
   So after 2 days of checking out Manali and contemplating what to do I decided to head down to Pabati valley to see a friend who was down there. On the ride down Faith started having issues and ended up blowing a main fuse with 16km to go. So I rolled back down a couple of kilometers to some shops and found out a new fuse was about 16km back down the road. So I hunted around a couple of the shops and found some electric wire that I thought would burn out if the heat got too much, which it did about 4 times in the 16km. So I was stopping a bit and letting the battery cool.
   When I got to Kasol I found an enfield place and asked about a fuse. He said the nearest place to get a fuse was back 40km down the valley. He grabbed a old one from a bike he had there but had no new ones.
   I spent a couple of days walking around the area and it is a beautiful place. I went for a ride up the valley carrying some wire all the while and the fuse seemed to be working ok. The person I went to Kasol to meet was now in Daramsala but I did meet 2 different people I had met in Pokhara.

Because the mechanics in Kasol did not even have new fuses I decided to head back out to Nagar and get the guy there to look at her electrics. But on the way the fuse went again so I decided to make for Manali using the last of my wire.

So back in Manali I took faith in and ended up getting a new battery and spark plug lead and starter. Then the next day I went for a ride down to Kullu to get some money and the fuse went again, grrrrrr. Then we discovered the battery is moving in it's mounting and so I get a new mounting for the battery. Yes all fixed....

So Up the Rohtang pass for a test ride to see if she will make it.... no not a chance she was struggling at about 8,000ft. So now the last option for going to Leh on Faith is being performed. Changing the front sprocket for a smaller one and doing the rings. If this does not work not sure what I will do????????

Big cassette, no Phone cover...

How do you get produce over the river when miles from a crossing and roads only on one side of the river

I do wonder if they send people over every so often?
nice view from the roof of the hotel in Kasol to wake up to.

Cows do not have the flattest pasture here lol

Safety first

lol yes I went across it. But only because of the size metal sleeper underneath it. I do love it when it is not assumed that I will jump of the edge so no rail is put there.  

From hotel in Manali

A BIG slug

The flowers that I got at Mangu's in Goa are looking too sad to carry on so I gave them a new home on a wall in Manali valley. I hope you enjoyed the 13,000km we did together lol.

Say not to drugs. But note what is a drug mmmm.
 


  Well have just seen the head come off and there is a small leak in the exhaust valve so getting that machined. otherwise looks like I will be able to make it over now.... Lets hope the weather holds.

Enjoy YOUR life.




 

No comments: