Search This Blog

Sunday, July 14, 2013

In Nagar heading spiti valley

9/7/13

   Well the dirt had settled down by the morning and there was a couple of millimetres for one small cup. Anyway headed out to Dehra Dun and on through to Nahan. The rode was all good except for Nahan towards Sarahan which for 20km ish had masses of cleared up landslides. To make it worse the landslides had happened on a piece of road that was under construction anyway. Although that probably means they got cleaned up quicker. And from Sarahan it is mostly new road which was very nice. I ended up in an over priced place in Dharampur.

that is the dirt from one glass. Now think the river was only up by about 2 meters when I took that. the earlier flood was another 3-4meters. SO much dirt. 
How many kids fit on a bus at home? 40. well I count 12 just next to the windows. 3 deep all the way in the back seat and the back but with 2 adults in the front only about 5 kids up front. Child seats until 7 isn't it know at home roflol

10/7/13

   Headed out through the Arki road to Mandi. Proved to be an interesting morning as I went through a military base area the end of exhaust was pulled off by a speed breaker. I put it back on but it came of again. The bolt was still there but not the nut so I repositioned it and tried again. But it still came off again. Luckily this time out side a petrol station that had some repair shops so I managed to get a bolt and get the exhaust to stay on.
  I carried on up through to Kullu where I was meeting a friend from Goa who lives in Nagar. Unfortunately the bike has been running worse and worse with the battery getting flatter and flatter until she finally died. About 100m from a car accessory shop that had Enfield parts (but not the bit I wanted). The guys there where great they called a mechanic who said the battery needed changing. I said it is flat because there is no power being generate. I called Antony and tried to organise another battery till I could get the part but before he arrive the guy from the shop let me use the battery off his bike.
  So I went to meet Antony but went to the wrong bridge so almost an hour later I got to the right bridge. So with no lights horn anything power like we headed for Nagar. Only just made it before the bike died but in the dark with no light is not nice. With a bike following it was not to bad but then Antony got a flat and had to swap bikes I did not notice because of the car that was following him I though was still him. But then the car past me and I was left in the dark. Mmm don't want to do that again.

Out for a ride

Nice place for lunch except the fact the water is bloody cold.

In Nagar

 

11/7/13

Took the bike to the shop and 10min later and INR250 was fixed and going much better again. So I headed back to the shop to return the battery. The nice man there had checked my battery found it was almost out of water so filled it with distilled water and recharged it. He then tried it out on his bike and seems all good. So we swap the battery's back.



12/7/13 to 14/7/13

Have been for a couple of rides and got some more adjustment made now Faith seems to be running well enough that I will head out and try to go to the spiti valley for a bit of a test ride. The Rohtang pass is open at the moment and it is not raining here at the moment (apparently monsoon is next month they just had an early bit which had closed the road for a short time). So heading to Spiti should give Faith a resonable test the Kunzum pass is 4551m. I will be interested to see how both of us handle going up that high.
 

Enjoy your life

No comments: