Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

Almost the end of Leg three

03/10/12

   Headed north along the A894 till I hit the north coast, wonderful road all the way and not much rain. Followed the A836 along the top of till I hit John O'Grotes, what a tourist shit hole that is. It does have the smallest harbour I have ever seen tho.
heading up to the top of Scottish main land
Lovely clouds shame about the rain
Top coast on way to John O'Groates.

   Heading down the coast meant going on more main roads so I ended up in Inverness without too much trouble, although it took a while to find a hostel where I could park the bike.
Not the most wonderful place, apparently own by the guy that bought Lands End and he wanted to do the same here as there. i.e charge people to get here. But found that for a lot of the year bugger all people come here lol
It does have a cool tiny harbour though.
On way to Inverness.
04/10/12

   Had to get a new cable for my phone/hard drive as I left mine in Oban I think, this actually took longer than I thought as no computer store had what I wanted, I ended up finding one in a phone shop. In the afternoon I went around Loch Ness which was a great ride, although for a while was very slow as there was a wide load going in the same direction and it was impossible to pass it. I didn't see Nessie tho I did have a look for her/him.
Lock at the end of Loch Ness.

05/10/12

  Headed out to the Grampian mountains, followed the A939 through passed a couple of ski resorts till I got to Pitlochry. Beautiful scenery and lovely piece of road. Did pass a motorbike accident tho but no one had been hurt.

06/10/12

   Well I had a very lazy day. Woke up with a hang over and watched Dexter all day lol. I did manage to get a new Scottish flag though finally.
07/10/12

   Walked around town a bit and saw the fish ladder. This cool pond set up that allows Salmon and Trout to head up the dam and into the upper river.
The ladder
The explination lol, counter had 5,322 when i was there.

08/10/12

   Was heading out for Edinburgh until I walked out the door then decided I should really go to Saint Andrews. Was a nice little ride down was a bit worried when I got there tho as the lady at the info place said everywhere was a bit more here because of the golf. It was the final day of the Alfred Dunhill compition. Luckily I found the cheapest hostel I have had in the UK at £9 a night. Mmm

09/10/12

   Went out for a round of golf, not on the old course as you need a proper handy cap to get on that one and I haven't been a member of a club for 17 years? Shit that is a while. Also the fact that it is £150 for green fees, £30 for clubs, £12 for shoes, and £40+tip for a caddie I thought I would rather spend about that much on my Stay in Goa for a month and a half lol. That is a guess but it want be too much more than that.
Streathrym is the course
The 18th tee, i shot a 100 exactly. I haven't played in a long time.
The old course, famous 18th with the bridge.
10/10/12 to 12/10/12

  Just hung around town really. Went to the Cathedral, Castle, Botanical gardens, beach but not swimming. Also as they had a night that they could see the northern lights I went down the the beach the next night around 23:00 until about 01:00 and did see a slight colour change at one point but nothing quite like the photos of the night before. Still that means I have seen the midnight sun and the northern lights on this leg of the trip, choice. I would like to see a really good northern lights show though.
Saint Andrews Cathedral
Saint Andrews Castle
13/10/12
 Rode down to Edinburgh which was easy until i got to town. Half the center of town is closed as they are putting in a tram that nobody wants, well taxi drivers don't want. This meant it took about an hour and a half to find a hostel.
Edinburgh
And castle.
 

14/10/12

   Very easy day riding down from Edinburgh on the A1, so a bit boring. But at least I have managed to see Elle before I head off.

15/10/12

   Washing day... bike, cloths, me lol. Also sorting things out ready to go on holiday in Goa. Flight is organised for the 23rd, visa/passport is back... they gave me a six month visa though mmm maybe i should.....
Ok I don't normal say what I'm doing but this is almost the end of the trip... wow
I'm flighing out from London on the 23rd to Goa, yes I'm heading back to India. This will just be a much needed holiday at the end of the travelling before heading home for xmas. I do intent to head over to Hampi by train and go to the Royal Enfield Rider Mania 2012 which I assume is in Goa again this year. So anybody who I meet last time send me an email and if you are near Goa we may be able to catch up.
 Well in India I will try to sort out my maps a bit better and maybe do some improvement work with the blog.


Enjoy your Life.

No comments: