Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

In Wales

Another friend who has died.... you will be missed
A new friend, donated by friends of \Miguel
If anyone need xmas present ideas.....

Luxembourg & Netherlands


27/08/12

   Rode out to Luxembourg but I was a bit slack as I found a supermarket that was large enough to have a Luxembourg flag not far from the border so put it on and started heading out north towards Eindhoven to try and get the Netherlands flag.
The new flag

   Once in Eindhoven I started looking for a hostel to stay in but couldn't find one, until I found a coffee shop and thought I'll ask them. Well getting off the bike I noticed that next door was a hostel, choice. I went to the door of the hostel and it was locked, close until 20:00 from 18:00 as it was 5 past 6 I thought I'll see what is happening at the coffee shop maybe they can open the door. Unfortunately they cannot, and I cannot sit there for 2 hours having a smoke waiting because I'm a foreigner I cannot buy anything from him...mmm.

  So I checked the GPS and found I would arrive in Amsterdam at about the same time as I could check into the hostel in Eindhoven. Off I rode to Utopia in Amsterdam again to go and see the ladies I had meet who work there the last 2 times I stayed there, unfortunately they still haven't got rid of the bed bugs, but if you head over to Amsterdam go and say hi to the ladies behind the counter for me (if they still work there).

Belgium


28/08/12

   I headed out late as I needed to sort a few things online before going to Belgium, still no luck finding a Netherlands flag..mmm. Down the motorway all fairly boring, no luck finding a Belgium flag so far either.
Have not found either the Belgium or Netherlands flags...mmmmm

England


29/08/12

  Headed out from Brugge towards Calais, got held up by customs again as I didn't have a ticket exiting the country or proof of money. This meant I missed my ferry and had to catch the next one. This is the first time I've had to show my passport since arriving at Gatwick.

   Headed up to Canterbury where it started raining before heading on into London to stay with Mike and Vivian.
Mmmm BBQ


30/08/12

   Headed into town when the rain stopped to get a new right hand mirror for the bike, which was managed by the afternoon. While waiting for bike bits I ducked into the New Zealand/Australia/South Africa shop in covent garden where I got a New Zealand flag for Thoralen. Yes the Fazer has a name, it came in Vilnius when I meet a local women who was showing her man around town. She was telling us about some of the buildings and lead me up to a resturant that did local food and resonable price beers. She ask what the bike i'm on now is called and i said i have not named her yet, she said you should call her Lorialene after her, I heard Thor-a-len. And most importantly Thoralen does seem happy with the name.


31/08/12

   Left Mike's about 10:00 and headed out to Stone Henge and through some more back roads to get to the farm for the Horizons Unlimited Autumn meet in Cheddar. I got there and set up the tent not to many people around... until I come back from a few beers then see the numbers have really multiplied, around 150 I think was the final numbers.

A few talks in the evening which was interesting as it is the first time I have been to something like this.


01/09/12

Lots of talks after breakfast, they went most of the day and I even learnt/gained some new ideas.

Few drinks and a Hungi for dinner, even cook by a kiwi from Dunedin

reasonable number of bikers

Wales


02/09/12

Bit drizzly and little wet when I got up but as I only need to get to Cardiff it isn't really a big deal. Left the farm at about 13:00 and slowly headed to Cardiff to stay with Charlie and her Mum

03/09/12

Doing the blog and relaxing, may go for a ride to the beacons this afternoon.
 
 
Special thank you to CHarle and her Mum for letting me stay a few days.

No comments: