Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

Motorbike service Lithuania


13/08/12
   Went to the church with the biggest pipe organ in Europe (apparently), which was really cool but you are not allowed to take photos of it.... so you have to buy photos of it lol (I sent you one Sandy, can you scan and send a copy of it to me please.)
The cloak in the tower of the church with the big pipe organ
View from the tower

   After doing that it was 12:00 and I had plenty of time to head down the coast to Lithuania so I decided to stay another night and watch the sunset into the ocean, I'm not positive but was possibly Goa when I last watch the sun go into water. It rained most of Norway and although I watch a sunset in Nordkapp it doesn't count as it didn't go into the water being the midnight sun and all.
In Liepaja town

Liepaja park on the way to the beach
Big drum kit
Great beach rubbish bins line it and port a loos al the way along it
Sunset on bean bags on Liepaja beach
The hostel in Liepaja, lovely lady works there.


14/08/12
   Rode down to Palanga as I had heard it was a nice town, unfortunately it is a bit full of tourists at the moment so carried on south to Klaipeda. I stopped at the tourist info and found out that the camp group was 14km back towards Palanga, but still in the city limits of Klaipeda mmm. So after getting some food I went to a motorbike shop to get the clutch adjusted as I was having trouble doing it with my tools.
   80Lt later (about $25US) it was adjusted and I headed out onto the Curonian Spit to Nida, unfortunately now the clutch started slipping at around 5,000rpm which it had never done before. I found Nida to be a beautiful area but like Palanga a bit full of tourists at the moment, I suppose this is because this is the on season lol.
The new flag, on the car ferry to Curonian Spit
Nida Beach
To the left is the lagoon, to the right is the ocean, straight ahead is Russia


15/08/12
   Headed back to Klaipeda with the intention of heading on to Vilnius, but once I bought some food I found that the bike was hardly moving so I pushed it around to the Yamaha place I had stopped at the day before....unaware of the fact that today is a holiday lol so everything is closed. I asked a man at a car cleaning place next to the Yamaha shop why everything was closed and he confirmed that it was a holiday, luckily he was also a biker and knew a man. So after a phone call we waited a bit and a man came round with his van and took a quick look, then took the bike back to his shop which wasn't far away. After a quick look found that the clutch is stuffed and as it is a holiday could do nothing with it till tomorrow. So with the help of Motodiada found a reasonable cheap hotel to stay in for the night.
Shopping center in Klaipeda
Yes that is an ice skating ring in the shopping center
What you can do with spare chain, and Motodiada

16/08/12
I  walked back to the bike shop with the hopes of going today but not expecting too much luckily, as they where unable to get the clutch plates today so set up my tent near by on some grass and went to the movies to see Total Rekall lol.
The chicken truck, and no i do not know what it is about lol but it looked good to me.

17/08/12
   I was thinking that if they couldn't get the parts today I would go and see Batman tonight and if not tomorrow go and see the new release of Expendables 2.... but it's all good the guys at Motodiada have been great and got the parts today.
   So now after a call to a man about some boots, and a quick test ride by me of going and buying some new boots I'm all ready to go, but it is after 14:00 and I haven't packed the tent yet so have decided to go tomorrow instead lol, it's nice here at the bike shop, good people, close to shops, and need to do a few things anyway. Total cost for the bike 650Lt about $230US, which included new clutch, filter and oil change, and labour.
Bye my old friends, but as you can see by the lighter in the back and the keys in the toe they had died.
Hello new boots hope your goretex works
Where i'm camping at the moment.
Special thank you to the Couple who run Motodiada and the other mechanics who work there for great service and help for a stranded traveller.
The shop and comfe couch out side lol

Enjoy your life

No comments: