Search This Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2011

In Vagator Heading back South Goa

15/11/11 to 17/11/11
  Sat on the beach, went for rides, watch TV/movies, ordered some parts for the bike, got the bike cleaned and oil change, slept, all the usual things well waiting for my International Driving Permit.
  I also went to my first silent disco while here, you get given a set of wireless head phones which have 2 channels. They had 2 DJ's one playing 70's, 80's, rock etc, and one playing Techno. This can obviously make for some interesting dancing when a couple are listening to 2 different types of music. It also solves the noise issue, so the place can stay open much later, and if you want to talk to someone you just take the headphones off and talk normally, loved it.

I think this is the 90th Hotel I've stayed at but hard to be sure now lol

18/11/11
  Rode out for Vagator in North Goa for the Royal Enfield Rider Mania. Nice little ride but the main road is very full so will head back down on more back roads. Meet up with JP in Vagator and registered for the 3 day event, this includes 2 stubbies for R30 for the whole event, so $0.60US nice, oh and a tee shirt all for R600.
  A reasonable number of people here and the first Indian I have seen with full armoured clothing, by the end of the 3 days I had seen a few with full kit, but most just had jacket, boots and Knee pads.  They had a figure eight race on the first day, 4 men 1 bike ride around 2 trees in figure 8. They also had a slow race, and bands later in the night. The custom bikes where out on display all three days.
One of my favourites from the show and he wasn't allowed back in on the second day as he left to early on the first night.... mmm.



Just some of the bikes,  i like the off roader.
19/11/11
  It took a while for them to get going but the had the dirt track race for each class which was funny to watch, and surprising how good some of the Indians are at off road, I suppose they should be use to it but I haven't been down many fully dirt roads yet. Then they had the Freestyle which was very narrow and almost no one made it, none made it without penalty.  Also was a bike carry where 4 man team carries the bike over the line. Then of course more drinking and music
yes the dirt track was fun



20/11/11
  Last day and they had Assembly wars, where you take the wheels off, clutch and accelerator cable, and not sure what else run to a judge to make sure they are the right bits then back to the bike and put it back together and ride it over the finish line.
  The ride around the area, I sat behind the ambulance as there was only Enfields in the group when they started riding. And of course AFTER the ride was the drinking comp and the arm wrestling, I tried to enter the drinking comp many times and they always made some excuse, I guess they didn't want to loss to a westerner as there where only Indians entered.
 The sound of all those Enfield taking off was great.

  Then to finish the night lots more drinking and music lol, and it took till the very end of the night for the inevitable to happen, final got hassled for not riding an Enfield, I thought it would be an Indian earlier on some had mentioned it but when i explained that I wanted a more reliable bike they all sort of understood. Not quite the same with the westerner who actually got insistent that it should only be done on an Enfield. Sorry mate I'm not that sort of biker I will ride anything and I will be happy, bike snobbing is for the Harley people.
The winner of the Custom, apparently he paid to get the bike in so he was always going to be the winner.

21/11/11 to 23/11/11
  Decided to stay in Vagator for a few more days, do some day rides to other beaches check out the local beaches, and wait for news of my IDP... Post cards are in NZ so it must be there hope it comes soon. Also I don't think the parts I have ordered in Margao have arrived yet so no rush to head south again just yet.

 Well off tomorrow toward Palolem again  as i want to get closer to Margao, although will probably stop somewhere on the way.
    Enjoy your life
 

1 comment:

nick said...

Hi Blair your licence has still not turned up