Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

In Goa now Palolem Beach

5/11/11
   Rode out for Mysore leaving a little late as it's only a little over 100km, so nice short day. Although it took a while to find a hotel, which meant I did not find anywhere to get passport photos, I used the last of mine to get the Sim card in Chennai.
The country that makes you go Huh strikes again, I have to admit tho when got to the other side of a bridge that was around the corner I found another one, so in this case it is warning lines. Unlike the identical ones 2 km up the road which were pedestrian crossing.

6/11/11
   Wandered around town for the day looking for a place to get photos, I eventually meet a English Buddhist monk where told me where I could get it done, minimum of 15 which should mean enough to last until Norway depending on which countries in that area need visas. I've sent everything off for the new International Driving Permit so should be at yours within 2 week (hopefully) Nick so need you to text me as soon as it arrives.

 Yes you have to watch your step on the footpath, but it does make me think of home and the good old days of warming your feet on a frosty morning by standing in a nice fresh poo, lol i wander if Indians do that?
A nice juice carton drink...
Yes Whiskey (Indian) in a cardboard carton lol.

7/11/11
   Spent the day walking around to see lakes, palace and temples. Went to the Palace at night for the light show, actually it just lots of lights that they turn on well an orchestra play, but still looked nice.
Some of the Temples look awesome at night

The black lines when unlit is obviously where the lights are, and the reason they are black is, they are covered in birds, most crows i think.


8/11/11
   Road out for the coast but it's a bit slower than I though so only made it as far as Sagar, a little mountain town with nothing really for tourist, so nice. Was a great ride through the mountains to get here, I'm loving the roads down here I imagined they would be a lot worse, from what I've read, but then most of what I've read is about the north rather than the south.
Nice little side road i found for a break, quiet and shady nice.
Don't stop too close to a school to check your map, especially just as they finish for lunch lol, but it's still fun.
From the roof of the Hotel in Sagar

9/11/11
   Road through to Jog falls in the morning but with all my bike gear on I wasn't walking down to the bottom. Not far from Jog falls I meet 3 English people doing a walk from Chennai to Mumbai, Mad buggers you would have loved them Murray lol.
 As you can see to far down for bike armour lol
 The country that makes you go Huh strikes again, Maybe Led Zep where here and this is what made them thing of the stairway to heaven....
 The view of the river just after i meet the walkers.

   Then stopped for a drink down the road and a Kiwi on a push bike come riding past, he has come round from south east Asia, oh and if you read this mate I lost the piece of map that you wrote your details on, please email me. I didn't make it far from there and stopped for an early night. When getting some water I spotted a book in the shop that looked interesting so bought it, then proceeded to read the whole thing 3 times that night, lol I love map books and this is much better than I had.
Now when you have the hot tap and the cold tap right there, why can you7 not put the hot to the shower. Almost another "the country that makes you go Huh"

10/11/11 to 14/11/11
Another very short day riding through to Palolem beach But found a nice cheap place to stay and will stay here till Friday. I have managed to catch up with a man Jean-philipe who had been put in contact with me from a man I meet in Mysore, and he told me about an Enfield club meeting up in north Goa next weekend, yes my first bike meet of the trip, hopefully many more. 


 Yes i like the Goa beach cows. 
   Enjoy your life.
P.S yes i added some more photos, they had been stored on my phone instead of storage card, so where miss placed for a while. Hence the re post.

No comments: