Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Till Jomtien Beach



24/3/11
Rode to Koh Kong near the Thai border. Saw a sign for elephants on the road, first though was what would the road train look like? I know the elephant would be dead but roo bars want do much against and elephant.
Nice road through the Cardiman mountains lots of flowing corners and bush everywhere as it is a national park.


25/3/11
Went to the Ta Tai waterfall which was lovely as there had been a bit of rain for a few days before.
Gave the bike a bit of a check over and all the bags before heading to the border.


26/3/11
Rode to the border, the Cambodians where easy to deal with. The Thailand side took a little longer but still no real issues, they valued my bike at 50,000 B (a little under $2000US) so will not be happy if my bike gets nicked as that's what I have to pay to leave the country without it.
   Road about 5km from the border on some lovely slow curving up and down roads and spotted some beaches of to the side, so went for a ride down a dirt track to a couple of them. If I had my tent I would have camped at the first one, no one there lovely little beach. The second one had some kids playing at it (under 5) and they came running over saying Sa Wat Dii (hi in Thai), one was very excited and ran over giving my legs a big hug, so I picked him up and put him on the bike. He'll be telling his olds about that for a while I guess.
Rode straight through to Trat and court the ferry to Ko Chang. Noticed the roads will be fun here.


27/3/11
  You may not like this bit mum so go to the next day.
  Armoured up and went for a hoon up the coast, had a ball. I didn't know my little Gracie could corner like that hehe. Saw a guy with proper armoured gear on, the first one so far on the trip. So gave chase to have a chat to him, man when you are on a 125 chasing a guy on a 650cc it's hard, I had to go up the hill so slow, ringing the shit out of the poor girl, but I made it up to him before he entered a secure compound. (yes he had to slow for some traffic at the end). Definitely wore in a bit more of the edge of the tyres tho. The west coast of the island makes the great ocean road in Victoria look like the main road to Sydney.

Yes the video is side ways, tuff it's hard enough riding one handed to worry about that. This video was taken when heading to the ferry and riding slowly.

28/3/11
Was having breakfast and an Israeli guy I'd meet in Cambodia (they where on the same bikes as me) rocked up so got chatting. Seems I may have been lucky at the border as they couldn't get their bikes through, one even got stuck in no mans land and had to sell his to one of the cops for bugger all (almost sounds like a scam to me). Maybe the crossing at less used borders is making it easier, to early to say)
Went to the beach for a swim.

29/3/11
Went to Long beach at the very far end of the other side of the island (should have come here to stay). Lovely place.

30/3/11
Took the ferry back to the main land and road to Chanthaburi. Bit of an industrial town.

31/3/11
Short ish ride up to Jomtien Beach. Will be meeting William late tonight.

No comments: