Search This Blog

Monday, December 2, 2013

Almost over

Well things have been sorting themselves out, slowly. What have I been doing, well, what I said I would do, bugger all "I'm on holiday". Of course things happen on holiday so here is some of them.

My Birthday toes

Sorry Spot you get them too

On the beach with some lovely Ladies

In Mapsua day before Dawali

For Sale (was hoping sold but not yet)

Mermaid Barbie

Barry and Faith getting ready for the slow ride

Custom Bike

But cornering?




My favourite


Remember the egg last year? think it's the same people




All the Customs at Royal Enfield Rider Mania 2013

And the fast response fire department, on Enfield's of course...

So yes I have been to another Rider Mania, Had a birthday, and got tickets home.....

"YES I Am Coming Home." this time.

I fly on the 13th from Bangalore and end up in NZ on the 16th. I will be in New Zealand till the 24th of Jan and hope to make my way around the north island and see everyone. On the 24th Jan I will fly to Melbourne and start looking for work, bit broke now lol...

So to recap...

Leg 1: South East Asia

Bike: Suzuki GN125 called Gracey
Cost: $500US in Ho Chi Minh City Sold: $200US in Hanoi Bit spent on maintenace
Insurance: $3US for a 12month Vietnam insurance. I only had to present documents at borders and to 1 police man and the insurance was not questioned. Yes the insurance would not work if there was an accident but it is valid enough to show the police.
Countries: Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Loas
Kilometers: 6,200km About that as no speedo so used google maps to work it out.


Leg 1.1: Holiday in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Sri Lanka

Bikes: Rentals 2 scooters and a Pulsar 135
Cost: About $15US a day
Insurance: Rentals so covered (maybe)
Kilometers: 1,759km, Total 7,959km


Leg 2: India, Nepal

Bike: Hero Honda Karizma 225 called Mule
Cost: $800US in Chennai Sold: Well given to Walish man I meet in Nepal.
Insurance: $9US for 12month India insurance, was only looked at the border.
Countries: India and Nepal
Kilometers: 15,000km, Total 22,959km


Leg 3: UK, Ireland, and Northern Europe

Bike: Yamaha Fazer 600 called Thoralen
Cost: $1400US in London Sold: Bugger all.
Insurance: $370US for 12months, it still wouldn't have covered me but it did keep the police happy. Only ever showed them when getting Tax for the bike. Got a $90US refund when I cancelled the policy.
Countries: England, France, Belgium, Netherland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Litherania, Poland, Luxemburg, Wales, Ireland, Scotland.
Kilometers: 22,000km, Total 44,959km

And the latest

Leg 4: India and Nepal, Again

Bike: Royal Enfield Bullet 350 called Faith (by previous owner)
Cost: $1100US in Goa. Sold: Not yet
Insurance: ran out a while ago did not get any more.
Countries: India, Nepal
Kilometers: 21,000km, Total 66,000km (ish lol)

  I find it funny that I spent 6 month riding Australia and did 32,000km now have done around one and a half years in India and done 32,000km lol. There is a bit more in India then Australia though.

 Well what do you say after all that. "Did anyone want anything? I'm on the way back from the shops."

Enjoy Your life 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey man..
i would like to wish u for your journey. and thank you as well coz the cafe racer u termed as ur fav was mine in enfield ridermania. cheers.