Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2013

In Puri

23/1/13
  Wake up ready to go, checked online out found out a friend had died back home. So I spent most of the day talking to people in New Zealand and Australia.

24/1/13
  Headed out early enough to go the long way so headed out for Tallapalem. From there to Narisipatnam and up to Araku. The road wasn't as nice as hoped but still a nice days ride.

25/1/13
  The hotel room was bad so did not want to stay another day. While riding down towards Vizanagaram I saw a sign for the Borra caves so decided to go and see them. Was about the 4th vehicle to arrive at a rail cross while waiting for the train. About half an hour later, just after I decided to turn back, the train went past and we where aloud to go. I followed the tourist vehicles, all full of Indian tourists, to a town that had lots of tourist type stalls. The cars went up a back road so I followed. The back road went to the train station lol. I never actually found the caves.
  Carried on down to the NH5 although had a lot of difficulty getting directions along the route I wanted to take. I stopped in Tekkali but no rooms. Stopped in Ichchapuram.... and no rooms. Now it was almost dark so I headed out to Gopalpur on Sea and finally found a room.
1: Araku Valley
2: Hill village drink stop.

26/1/13
  Was not so happy with the room so decided to head on up to Puri. Lots of cars/Trucks/Buses flying Indian flags... but I was forced to take mine off the bike in Goa 2011 because it's illegal to fly one. Found out why when I got to Puri and almost every hotel was full. They where even offering me a spot on the roof and room they next night. This was because it was independence day lol. I spend more than 2 hours looking for a place. Ended up finding a reasonable room at INR400.

27/1/13 to 31/1/13
  Went for a walk down the beach..... lol Dean had mentioned and it has not changed. The more foreign hotel area of town is down by the fishing village. The Indian area is down near the Jagannath Temple. Now the thing with fishing people here in India is they do not bother having toilets in the house they just poo either near the boat of just in the water, I think depending on if there are lots of people or not. So walking in the fishing area is a land mind type event lol. This is India. If you head the other way it is actually not a bad beach. Down where the Pilgrims bath I saw no poo.
1: Must have run out of money, the bamboo scaffolding is so old it's falling down.
2: Jagannath temple, Puri

  Have decided to stay here for a bit as there is a change in the over all plan for the next few months. I've decided not to go home in April but to Nepal. This means I don't have to go to Darjeeling when it's so cold. Also means I do not have to travel all the way back to Delhi with the bike before flying out. So I've gained about 3 weeks maybe more lol. Idea now is to Head over to the Khumb Mela and around that area for a while before heading into the mountains. Then head to Nepal's most eastern boarder in April, as long as they do visa's there?

Enjoy YOUR life.

No comments: