Search This Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2012

In Pushkar


25/1/12 to 28/1/12
   Been walking around a bit, the fort is great even if a bit touristy. On the 28th I though I should get the new fuel filter as they don't have in line fuel filters at the Hero shop. When I got to the shop my parts had arrived so started putting the bike back together, they finished at about 20:00, all done for INR5300 or $106US lol, shit that wouldn't have got the motor out in Aussie let alone the whole job with parts.
 The is the main guy at Hero, they let me watch the whole thing and they did a good job. I only had to stop them once when they where not going to change one casket.

29/1/12
   Went for a nice slow ride to Sam dunes about 50km out of town, and did the touristy thing and went for a camel ride into the sand dunes, by dunes I mean 2 lol, not very sandy desert at this area.
I meet an English lady who owns a camel in Pushkar, and when i found out there is metal in the saddle and my magnet on tank bag holds to it, i started to wander, camel mmm 
  Was a good start to running in of the new piston, going 50km an hour and stopping every hour. Back in Jaisalmer did the usual and went to Shanti kitchen to chat to the boys.

30/1/12
   Decided to go for another ride same sort of thing as yesterday, 50km an hour max of an hour with 30min rest. Now have 250km out of the recommended 750km running in of the new piston. This is what coursed the second round of problems with Gracie (GN125) in Vietnam, i hadn't run the piston in properly and i had to race up a mountain to make it to the border in time. So I'm not making that mistake this time.
  When I got back to town I had to go and order a new battery, well get it on charge for pick up the next day, as the Hero shop had decided that some of the things I wanted where not needed. They did not order the new air filter, battery or spark plug, they said they didn't need changing. I'll have to change the air filter somewhere else as I'm not waiting for it to be shipped in, the battery shop was just around the corner tho so easy to get a new one of those.
Last sunset in Jaisalmer

31/1/12
   Nice short day planned only 115km to go, which is lucky as the battery shop doesn't open till 10. But got the battery in and off for the slow ride to Pokaran. Once there I went out for another 80km ride, this means on the bigger ride tomorrow of 350km I will be able to speed up a bit by the end.

I had spotted this temple well coming into town, so decided to have a closer look.
So all you married people stop speeding, us singles are expendable.

The first sleep sign I've seen in India

1/2/12
   Big day ahead so started early, and shit it's cold here in the morning, winter gloves, thermal lining, and still got cold. I'll have to put the wet weather linings into both pants and jacket when I leave Pushkar. The ride was pretty easy, even if it took all day. The roads here are good enough and there wasn't much traffic.
View from the roof of hotel in Pushkar

2/2/12 to 4/2/12
   Pushkar has some very touristy areas, but a lovely sight walking around the lake anyway. I have managed to get some things done tho, have got some more maps done and placed them on the side of the blog up the top there. I still have the India map to do and that is a big one.
  Enjoy your Life.

No comments: