Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Still waiting in Palolem.......Yes i know


5/12/11 to 20/12/11
   Well I'm getting bored but I'm still in Palolem, my letter has not arrived yet. I don't like giving plans too much because they seem to change quicker than I can tell people about them lol. But i will most likely head over to Hampi in a day or two, then come back about Xmas.
   OK what have I done, well all the usual sleep, eat, drink, swim, walk, ride. Did go out to the tree lookouts in one of the wildlife Sanctuary with an English couple.
  Yes that is me riding on ahead
 The native creatures coming to the river to drink, lol.
 Anybody can make a Tandoori oven
.
Some of the wildlife at the tree top lookout, there where lots of tiny little birds as well.
I spotted a new follower the other day and if Ali Belly is who i think it is, he will remember giving me this shirt way back in Vietnam.


  Mmm that really isn't much for 2 weeks of blog is it.. well as that is the case I will put in something a bit more personal. 
  Thank you very much Mum and Dad for making me the sort of person who is willing and able to archive all that I have in my short 41 years. The fact that I started paid work at 10 years old has made a big difference, I think. I have heard people say many times through out Asia how terrible it is that the kids are working, I disagree, more kids in the west should be working and from younger ages. What I think is terrible, is the fact that those kids are supporting the family with what they earn, I was able to spend what I earned on me, not staying alive.
   Way back when I was little Mum gave me a book “You can do it”, which was a self help book that I remember nothing of except the title, and I have been doing it for a long time now. This book is probably part of the reason I have been willing to change career path every few years, go to Uni for almost 6 years, and travel as much as I have, so far, even though that is actually bugger all. So thank you so much for helping to make me what I am today Mum and Dad, I love you both and look forward to catching up with you somewhere in the world during this trip.
  Enjoy your life

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Hey Blair, Absolutely love that you managed to get that picture of you looking out from your coco branch with your t-shirt.. better than i imagined. I love the personal paragraph too, I remember the exact conversation (walking back from our chicken corden bleu movie dinner) when you spoke about your mum and the inspirational book title ... great times :)