Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

In Palau Weh Sabang

13/7/11
   Left in the afternoon for Medan in a car with some others, was dropped off at the village where the bus goes to Banda Aceh. It's an over night bus which got to town at about 6am, so 12 hrs, really not liking this bus thing, motorbike is wwwaaaayyyyyy better.

 Here's the guides song from Bukit Lawang
14/7/11
From the bus station I shared a taxi with the only other westerner to the ferry terminal, and after meeting some guys from a Pulsar (225cc) motorbike club, even got to go for a little ride on one, nice bike actually. Court the 9.30 ferry to Palau Weh, then another shared taxi out to Iboih Beach.
Finally some time to relax, got a bungalow that is near the water with a slightly obscured view, i.e a bit cheaper. 

From behind

From the deck

15/7/11
  Went for a swim/snorkel around the neighbouring island, about 3km in total, very good visibility, lots to see so will be going for some dives tomorrow.


16/7/11 and 17/7/11
  Went for 3 dive was great saw heaps of moray eels, fan corals, trigger fish, angel fish, and a black tip reef shark. Have decided to do my advanced open water as it is only $237EU.

18/7/11 to 24/7/11
  Have been diving a lot done my advanced course so now can go to 40m, had an awesome night dive saw the Biggest giant Moray yet and almost swam into a massive turtle. This happens when you are near the bottom looking at little shit with your light, sense something move to the left look up and about 5ft away was this big guy cruising along straight across my path, magnificent. I signaled the others and we all followed it for a while, he did seem to mind, stopped for a bit of a feed on some coral then swam on. We ran into him again later on in the dive but he wasn't so keen to have all our light on him then so buggered off.
  Well it sort of gets same same is now, as always when I spend a long time in one spot, swimming eating, playing games, studying, swim eating sleeping (sometimes in the middle of the day) eating.
 I did rent a motorbike yesterday and pretty much road around the island, was great to be back on the road, even on a shitty semmy auto rental that got a flat tyre before I made it to town, 23km. So I had to buy a second hand inner tube for just over a dollar including fitting. 


I'm looking at spending the rest of my visa here then fling from Banda Aceh to Penang, Malaysia before heading back to KL for my flight to Sri Lanka on the 10th of August, man am I looking forward to getting to India. I WANT A MOTORBIKE, I WANT A MOTORBIKE, yes I'm suffering withdrawal.
 Anyway hope everyone is well in the world
  Enjoy your life.
   I am.

No comments: