Search This Blog

Friday, October 18, 2013

In Bir heading south

4/10/13

   Woke up and thought yes here we go.... but no the clouds came in. So went for a ride up to the take off point and ended up chatting to a guy and thought wait why don't I go to Ameritsar and come back when the weather is a bit better.
Mum what is this called

I think it is a vine

With cool buds/flowers

And berries afterwards



5/10/13

   So headed out after helping some friends to find the hotel I was staying in as the police where in the village checking for Tibetan hostel with guests who do not have a permit to stay in the village.
This meant I was a little later going and so when I got to Pathankot and spotted an Enfield shop I decided to stay in the hotel next door and see if they could help with the timing. But either they do not know how or did not understand what I was after so I stopped them playing and left. I think they are just use to working on the new ones now.


6/10/13

   Headed down to Ameritsar 4 lane road being built so a shit ride really.

7/10/13

    I decided to head around by cycle rickshaw to see the Golden temple etc. was first time in a long time on one, I normally walk. Then in the evening went out to the border for the show, I have to see it from the other side one day. Later in the evening while moving the power board I pulled my phone off the table and face first onto the tiles.
Golden Temple

Durgain temple

The border show/close

8/10/13

   So I decided to stay another day and get a new screen for the phone (INR3,500 and now it says T mobile at the top, funny how I am getting an England/Europe made screen in India and it probably still cost a lot less than getting it fixed in UK or Europe would have, but that is labour costs for you. And now there is no water damage to it after washing it in Nepal)


09/10/13

   Set off along NH1 towards Kartarpur intending to head to Hoshiapur and up to Jogindernagar... But I took a wrong turn onto the road heading up to Pathankot. So changing the route a bit I turned off at Mukerian and through Talwara to Dera. He road from Talwara through Dada Siba is lovely little ride with very little traffic and I recommend it to anyone in the area. I decided to stay in Dera because the sign for the rock temples said Monolithic rock temples and that sounds interesting so will head there in the morning before checking out and heading to Bir again.
Bit like Angkor Wat
And loved the fog

Earthquake damage from 1918

The Baba Dog giving spiritual advice for all. Rest your mind lol

Weather not there yet
 


10/10/13 to 18/10/13

   Sorry for being so slack with the blog. Since Leh when I realised I only have 3 months left of my trip I wanted to be on holiday. I have finally made a Para glide in Bir so heading south tomorrow and will hopefully be in Goa for my birthday and a holiday before heading home. This means the blog will probably become even slacker lol.
  Anyway the ride back to Bir was nice and relaxing after doing the rock temple in the morning. Had a wonderful mist at the temple. Then the weather still had not improved enough here for a long fly so headed over to Kullu to see Antony and the festival which was on at the time. Very interesting doing 2 nights at the festival one on my own and then one with some young single Indian guys..... definitely see it differently depending on who you are with.
  Got back to Bir early today and got to go for a fly. Was awesome and well worth waiting for the better weather.

 Sorry no photos from fly yet.
 

Enjoy your life 

 
PS. It has come to my attention that some of the people who receive my blog by email are replying to that email. This is a no reply email if you can I would love to read any replies you have sent so if you can forward them to my email I would love it. Yes all 3 years worth please lol. No seriously all of them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi son,
The flowers in your photo are lantana, quite common in warmer climates you should have seen it in Oz but was probably orange flowers there, the leaves are poisonous to stock but birds eat the berries so spreading them far and wide.

Unknown said...

Nick mate hope you are healing well. If you are stuck at home I know a game or two.... love to the family. Look forward to seeing you early next year